HEMP FIBRE FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
Hemp fibre is the natural and environmentally friendly alternative for industrial applications. It’s quite simple: hemp fibre with a supplement of biodegradables can be used as an alternative to plastic, cotton, wood, steel and synthetics. You name it, and a hemp version can be produced: from clothing to paper, from tableware to automotive and scooter parts, from musical instruments to bird feed, from yoga mat to furniture. There are literally endless possibilities.
BENEFITS OF HEMP-BASED INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
- Automotive interior parts from hemp are lighter and safer compared to glass fibre. In addition, they are lighter and more durable than steel and won’t rust
- Hemp based construction materials are more user-friendly than materials based on glass or rock wool
- Hemp paper lasts many times longer than paper from trees
- Hemp fibre-based bioplastic is many times stronger than oil-based plastic. And biodegradable!
- The production of petrochemical plastics creates tremendous CO2 emissions. Hemp actually absorbs CO2!
- The production of cotton requires huge amounts of pesticides. Hemp requires virtually none!
- With the development of hemp nano materials, hemp fibre even becomes suitable for use in batteries and accumulators
HempFlax offers the raw materials and semi-finished products for innovative techniques and methods that can be converted into almost everything. Hemp fibre is the raw material of the future.